Steering Committee Minutes 6/26/08

Nipomo Incorporation Steering Committee Minutes

June 26, 2008

Present: Mike Eisner, Guy Murray, Kevin Beauchamp, Bonnie Eisner, Ingmar Lauringson, Lynn Mc Gill, Bob Mc Gill, Jim Harrison, Al Daurio, Dan Gaddis

The meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M.

Mike recapped the last General Meeting and the Andy Caldwell radio show that Guy and Mike were on last month.

2008 Wish List – Mike asked each member to talk about what we should be doing for the rest of the year. With business and the economy on a downslide, what would assist us at this time? The following ideas were discussed and member assignments made.

Guy- Suggested signing up for Oktoberfest. Committee approved the idea

Al – Have the developers present a panel on how they think Nipomo will look in the future. The committee suggested the following developers to sit on a panel. The committee also suggested Dave Congelton as the moderator. The panel would be Newman, Nester, Moore, Rossi, Marinai (?), King Ventures, and Woodlands. The meeting general meeting would be in the fall and we will explore meeting locations at the Woodlands (Kevin), Black lake and St. Jo (Mike) or High School (Guy).

Kevin – The chamber is going to have a business bus trip. Perhaps we could add a Teresa Cruise cookie and a brochure on board. We need to get more members on the steering committee. (Kevin to contact the Woodlands for a member and Mike will contact Larry Verheilig) We need more names added to our database by placing a table near Vons or at the banks. It was suggested that we join the Nipomo Chamber and everyone agreed. We could then put flyers into their newsletters. Jim also agreed to explore the idea of a flyer in the NCSD billings.

Lynn How about talking to the Civics teacher at the High School (Lyn) or involvement the Progressive Club (Al)? Maybe how to incorporate a town could be a senior project.

Bonnie– Katcho is really pushing for us to begin the incorporation now instead of waiting while he is still on the LACFO committee. I think we should investigate who is on this and why Katcho thinks we should start now. Perhaps there is something in the future that we do not know about. Maybe we need to add these names to our must invite to General Meetings list.

Clyde– Will sign up to become a member of the Chamber.

Mike– Will call George Zaiser and see if the Newcomers are interested in a program on Incorporation at one of their luncheons.

Bonnie and Lyn- Will discuss the need of a flyer for Incorporation.

Meeting Adjourned at 6:55 p.m.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s