Steering Committee Minutes 2/26/08

The Steering Committee minutes for February 26, 2008 follow below:

Nipomo Incorporation Steering Committee Minutes

February 26, 2008

Present: Mike Eisner, Guy Murray, Bonnie Eisner, Merle Ackerman, Jim Harrison, Al Daurio, Dan Gaddis and Terry Buterbaugh.

Guests: Ethel Landers

The meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M.

Mike reviewed the Cal Poly workshop last Saturday and hopes to be able to e-mail the group all of the hard work done by the students..

Previous Minutes- The minutes for January 29, 2008 were approved.

David Mathe Meeting – Mike, Clyde and Jim met with Dave to discuss grants for incorporation. He volunteered to assist us if we go after a grant. We would need to go after grants that fall under governmental services. These would probably be for matching funds. Dave is currently business manager for the Fire Safe Council and Administrative Officer for three fire departments. He currently lives in Nipomo.

Davis Report Update- Al has converted most of the report to Adobe for use by the committee. The steering committee agreed that we need to continue our efforts and wait and watch for a change in the economy. This will take a lot of time and a lot of work. Just keep working at it and be informed on the pulse of Nipomo.

Public Relations- Al Daurio, Chair- His committee will be calling a special meeting to update the slide presentation.

Public Outreach- Terry Buterbaugh and Merle Ackerman worked on a brochure called “Question and Answers”. The rough draft will be e-mailed to the rest of the steering committee for input. Terry has a new e-mail and Mike will send along with the rough draft. It was suggested that members look at the web site edhcity.org; it has a very good question and answers section. Terry thought that we needed a brochure to track our progress to date. We would list where and how each meeting has been with the realistic feed back received. Ethel suggested that we need a stepping stone of brochures and offered to assist us with graphics. It was also suggested that we develop a logo to be used on this and future brochures. In eventuality, the logo could be suggested as the city emblem at a future date. All committee members are asked to consider such a logo and present it to Mike.

Next Community Workshop – Mike is waiting for Assemblyman Sam Blakeslee’s office to confirm the date that is available for our next meeting. Mike will contact the Woodlands to see if we can go there for this meeting. The room holds up to 250 people

Next Steering committee meeting- It was agreed that we would go to bi-monthly meetings. Regular committee meetings can still go on with Mike or Guy called to attend for input.

The next steering meeting date will be announced after we know the date of our next community workshop

Meeting Adjourned at 7:00 p.m.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s