The Steering Committee minutes for 11/27/08 follow. Present: Mike Eisner, Guy Murray, Kevin Beauchamp, Bonnie Eisner, Ingmar Lauringson, Jim Harrison, Al Daurio, Clyde Cruise, Dan Gaddis and Terry Buterbaugh.
Guest: Donna Mehlschau
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M.
Mike went around the table and each of the committee chairs gave a brief over-view of what they have accomplished this year.
Clyde- his committee has met with Goleta, Arroyo Grande, Pismo Beach and Grover to go over city budgets and fee schedules. He is trying to identify other revenue streams such as Business licenses, recreational fee, grants. They also need to identify the departments needed in the new city and begin the task of estimating when revenue neutrality would be met.
Al- his committee needs to tune up and update his presentation as we receive more data.
Ingmar and Kevin- their committee is working on gathering all of the business licenses for Nipomo using the county (368), yellow pages (602) and chamber information. They will merge the list into a data base.
Bonnie- her committee is waiting for the return of the 501-C3 paperwork.
Mike stated that 2007 was the year to get organized and 2008 was the year to come out and be seen in the community.
The goals for 2008 are as follows with the committee or person responsible for handling the action underlined:
1. Clearly define the government structure for the new town; council, city manager, planning dept., building dept., etc. Guy Murray
2. Develop an income/expense budget for the town. Finance Committee
3. Develop brochures for distribution to the community. Develop articles for publication in the newspapers. Public Outreach Committee
4. Update power point presentation. Public Information Committee
5. Develop a list of residents that are opposed to the idea of Incorporation and hold a public forum to give them an opportunity to be heard. Learn, as a group, from what they have to say. Steering Committee
6. Review the LAFCO timeline and determine where we are in relation to the timeline recommendations. Mike Eisner
7. Secure the names of possible new steering committee members. Steering committee
8. Continue the “road shows” Keep the word out that we will make presentations to any organization that is interested in NICE. Go back to areas like Black Lake and the Woodlands for a second presentation. Steering committee
9. Start fundraising. Fundraising committee
10. Continue strong “community workshops”. Suggestions for 2008
a. Sam Blakeslee
b. Goleta council member who worked on Incorporation
c. SLO Planning department representatives
11. Develop community business database. Community Development Committee
The meeting adjourned at 7:15 P.M.