Steering Committee Minutes 4/27/07

N.I.C.E. Steering Committee Minutes
April 24, 2007

Present: Mike Eisner, Guy Murray, Dan Gaddis, Joe Tomei, Bob McGill, Kevin Beauchamp, Lynn Mc Gill, Bonnie Eisner, Ingmar Lauringson, Merle Ackerman, Jim Harrison, Al Daurio and Terry Buterbaugh.

Called to order at 6:00 P.M.

Old Business-
1.    Accepted resignation from Susie Hermreck and asked for nominations for a new member to the committee. Terry Buterbaugh (terry.b@charter.net)
stepped in to join the steering committee and co-chair the public outreach committee with Merle Ackerman.

The minutes of the February 27, 2007 were approved. MSP Ingmar/Merle.

Secretary position open- No one volunteered

Power point presentation by Guy Murray to show the steering committee what has been presented to the various clubs in Nipomo on the feasibility of Incorporation.

Committee Reports:
501c3-Bonnie reported that every step forward means two steps back. We now have a post office box (#201 in Nipomo). By next meeting, the letter of incorporation and federal I.D. number will be obtained.

Update the Davis Report- The committee felt that they needed to begin by addressing the population of Nipomo now and in the future. Dan Gaddis gave a very informative presentation and the analysis that the committee went through to verify their report…

Press Packets- They presented the brochure that they have been working on with the verbiage. Al Daurio also e-mailed everyone on the steering committee his committees’ power point presentation briefing for additions or corrections prior to their next meeting in May.

Community Development – Committee is meting and discussing strategy

HOA- Bob has obtained a list of all the HOA’s in the area. He will review this and then call for a meeting of the committee.

Work Shop- The members agreed that the workshop should focus on our speaker, Paul Hood, but think that Dan should show the community his population slides. We will also update the community on what the committees have been doing.

The committee suggested that we work on timelines at our next meeting for the individual committees as well as the steering committee as a whole.

Adjourned- 8.00 pm.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s